Ohhhh yes indeedy do I love desert. What makes me happier is when its jam packed with omega 3’s, fibre, protein and magnesium.
Say what? No way, that couldn’t be the same thing as desert??!!!
Well I’m here to tell you- it can be! Rejoice!
Most ingredients are ‘smoothie pantry staples’. However, if they’re not- trust me when I say you won’t know how you lived without them when you buy them.
When it comes to making smoothies I’m pretty liberal with my ingredients.
I decide on how much flavour I want to pack in there and keep adding till it tastes juuust right.
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 2 teaspoons Raw Cocao- hello magnesium! Great for managing stress and pms-ness
- 1 Frozen banana – this gives it the creamy ice cream consistency but also packs in potassium, fibre and deliciousness
- ¼ avocado- healthy fats and extra creaminess- if you’re hesitant I understand but I swear you won’t even taste it!
- 2 dates
- 1 table spoon Almond butter or peanut butter- whatever you have in your pantry to take care of the protein and healthy fats
- Pinch of Cinnamon- cos YUM
- Pinch of sea salt- only a pinch for that salty sweetness
- Pinch of cocao nibs to sprinkle on top- fibre!
- Add all ingredients together and blend on high
You want this to resemble thick shake! Its so good for you it should be bad.
I love making this as my late-morning-second-breakfast when I’m studying or planning on having lunch a little later in the day. But enjoy this one any time! It’s always a good time for chocolate!